Unpredictable fuel cost swings along with ever-changing seas of environmental and safety standards are driving a growing shift toward hybrid diesel electric propulsion in both the IMO and Sub IMO markets. Researchers in lithium ion technology from XALT® Energy are working alongside top maritime designers, Naval architects and builders to lead this new wave of propulsion technologies to provide proven, reliable marine energy alternatives.
The Power of Hybridizing Shipping Vessels:
- Contributes to IMO’s international efforts to reduce atmospheric pollution and address climate change
- Makes new ships more environmentally friendly
- Reduces fuel and operating costs
- Offers greater reliability and longer engine life
- Parallel battery strings ensure operating redundancy; batteries will kick in and ensure no loss of service
- Competitive Total Cost of Ownership compared to conventional maritime power sources
XALT® Energy has been at the forefront of technology, providing high-performing, high-power lithium ion systems for a variety of marine and maritime applications — both hybrid and pure electric energy storage systems — through:
- Time-tested and proven lithium ion chemistry
- Wide operating temperature range and long cycle life
- High energy and high power
- High power density
Our expertise in total battery system engineering and design — particularly for marine applications — also offers you greater system reliability. This makes XALT® Energy systems the ideal energy source for demanding power alternatives.
To learn more about how XALT® Energy can help increase performance and lower TCO for your marine application, look at our case studies, or contact us.